Thursday, January 15, 2009

Love at the SECOND sight.


His name is Ayman Mohyeldin.

He'll turn 30 this coming  May.

He was born in Cairo, Egypt to an Egyptian father and a Palestinian mother. Gideon Levy of Haaretz newspaper wrote that "the United States, his own country"(Ayman's) though. He studied International Politics at American University in Washington D.C.

He was a producer with CNN and NBC.

He is currently reporting from Gaza strip for Al Jazeera - the only foreign press reporting from there. No other news network are allowed in Gaza. International press are outrage with Israeli officials about this.

He can be seen reporting from Gaza in a dark blue protective vest written 'PRESS' at the front and back of it and a safety helmet, standing on a rooftop. Sometimes when planes fly over him and bomb a house in the distance he crouches.

"I'd be lying if I said I don't feel fear, but my obligation is greater than the fear," he says. 

He thinks that the best fish restaurant is in Acre, Israel. 

:)

I melt everytime he says the names of the districts in Gaza. He's Arabic accent is ORGASMIC.

I can still hear him saying "Rafah". 

Sheesh................................. Kebab.

Jumpa lagi, atamanna an araka thaniyatan.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, I wanna do what he does. CNN is always on the look out for personalities of different nationalities for a global audience. I'd be a shoo-in. Sadly, that is not the path for me. XD

    ReplyDelete