Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'd do anything


I went to a launching of a Boutique-Cafe last nite.

It was quite an event for that type of retail store. I also heard many things, mostly from people that I know, from "How can you complaint about lamb?"(when asked about the food- I didn't eat at all) to "That's a total rip-off of my Chanel. What a disgrace!".

So yeah, I met people. All sort, celebrities, friends.

And believe it or not, some of the people there talked to me about my stand on boycotting the American products. I received different reactions. They said I am being unreasonable(they even said it in make-fool-of-myself way). I wasn't really surprised. More to humiliated, they are my people, my own kind. We eat the same food and pray to the same God(I wonder?).

After the launching, I went to a diner to meet a vey tall friend of mine. And since that very tall friend of mine is also a friend to the other two friends of mine, that I met at the launching, I invited the other two friends of mine from the launching to hang out together with the very tall friend of mine.

We arrived, we ordered. Two of them wanted to order the not so healthy Coke, I stopped them. They changed their mind. Alhamdulillah - to Iced Lemon Tea and Banana Split, not that healthy after all. Haih. Some around half an hour later, we got our drinks, and there was a can of Coke on the table. I asked who ordered the Coke? It was a not-so-very-tall friend of mine who I misheard when he ordered. He was at the other table talking to some old friends of his, when I stopped the other two from ordering Coke. When he got back to our table, I asked, and he realized, and went all "Oh yeaaaahhh..shayt, those crooked nose terrorist who stole the land of the Palestinian". I told him "it's ok(it's not actually), drink it". 

The thing is here, it is not about drinking Coke or eating McDonald's, it's about the support to the Palestinian. The support to criminalising war. The support to stop the occupation. The support of respecting the United Nation and the view of the people of the world. The support of not interfering other countries internal affair. And of course the support of LIVES!

Like what Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad wrote on his blog, "It is not going to stop the United States(which is controlled by Israel) from remaining the most powerful nation and continuing to kill people directly or indirectly." if we stop being a consumer to their products, but "it will demonstrate our displeasure with the Americans."

Anyways, Israel just "declared" unilateral ceasefire few hours ago, but the military activity still is continuing in Gaza, which means the 1203 death toll is not going to be a permanent number.

Allah, please save Palestine. Amin.

Jumpa lagi. A bientot.

1 comment:

  1. awwww.. you managed to convince your tall friend not to drink coke! that's EXTREMELY RARE!! seriously. :P

    ReplyDelete